What is HIIT?
HIIT, or high-intensity interval training, is a training technique in which you give all-out, 100% effort through quick, intense bursts of exercise, followed by short, sometimes active, recovery periods. This type of training gets and keeps your heart rate up and burns more fat in less time. All you need is 20 minutes one to two times per week to achieve the body you've been dreaming of!
WHAT ARE THE TOP 5 BENEFITS OF HIIT?
1. Boosts your metabolism. Did you know that you can burn fat and speed up your metabolic rate up to 48 hours after your HIIT session? HIIT also stimulates the production of human growth hormone (HGH) by up to 450% in the 24 hours after your session. This increase in HGH causes an increase in caloric burn and slows down the process of aging.
2. Convenience. Want results but don't have the time in your hectic schedule? HIIT only requires a 20-40 minute committment per week! You can fit your workout in quickly before work, on your lunch break or in the evening after work.
3. Results are fast. Research shows that you can achieve greater results in 15 minutes of HIIT training than jogging on the treadmill for an hour. Just two weeks of HIIT training improves your aerobic capacity as much as 6-8 weeks of endurance training!
4. Burns more fat. HIIT burns more calories and fat, blasting your body into repair cycle. You burn more fat and calories in the 24 hours after your workout than you would running!
5. Lose weight, not muscle. Dieting and cardio both encourage muscle loss. HIIT helps you to lose weight through fat loss while promoting muscle growth. Your fat percentage will decrease and your muscle percentage will increase, giving you a lean, toned body.
Start your training today! Call 407-256-9291 to set up your FREE consultation to see how you can benefit from HIIT.